Advice needed - can I change an Eoi?

Peachy

Hi everyone

I am new to this forum and need some advice. My husband submitted an EOI on 21 December for a 190 visa. After reading this forum I think a 189 would have been the way to go...

Husband has 70 points (All validated!!) And then 5 for state sponsorship.

We only want to live in QLD so thought this would be quicker. It appears that we were wrong on this front. Heard nothing yet from QLD. Can the EOI be changed?

As you may have guessed we aren't using a migration agent

Any help / advice/ comments v welcome.

Thanks

Su

You can change it right up until you receive an invitation. I think (but am not positive) that it's possible for a 190 EOI to receive an invitation between rounds if they get sponsorship approval by a nominated state so it would be a good idea to make the change from 190 to 189 ASAP - you may not have until the next scheduled round (9th January) to do so.

It may actually be possible to change an EOI from a 190 to a 189 after an invitation but if you can, that would add an unnecessary complication to the whole process and I'm pretty sure it would stop you from getting a 189 invitation until the 190 invite has lapsed so not a good idea if you want to get the 189 application under way at the earliest possible time.

Archived