Wrong dates on successful Vetassess assessment - EOI and 189 visa forms

Robwilliams1983

Hi

Filling in my EOI I have since Discovered I under estimated my time in employment since completing my apprenticeship and should have put different dates in my skills assesment, does the DOI look at the Vetassess assesment or just see that it was a positive assesment and accept it?

i have been told that from the point i started my apprenticeship 3 years after that I can have as suitable employment.

Your Case Officer will check the dates on your skills assessment against the dates on your EOI and will contact you for an explanation of any discrepancies.

I don't know who told you that you can claim time spent on an apprenticeship as suitable employment but that's incorrect. You can only claim points for post-qualification experience and in many cases, even that can be reduced by a year or so if your skills assessment authority considers that some experience was required before you could be considered to be fully skilled. COs don't necessarily take what the skills assessment authority says as gospel but their opinion will certainly carry weight.

Your Case Officer will check the dates on your skills assessment against the dates on your EOI and will contact you for an explanation of any discrepancies.

I don't know who told you that you can claim time spent on an apprenticeship as suitable employment but that's incorrect. You can only claim points for post-qualification experience and in many cases, even that can be reduced by a year or so if your skills assessment authority considers that some experience was required before you could be considered to be fully skilled. COs don't necessarily take what the skills assessment authority says as gospel but their opinion will certainly carry weight.

I have spoken to a reputable and highly regarded on here migration agent who has said that.

I told them I started my carpentry apprenticeship in September 2004 and it finished 31st august 2009 they said as I have got a Certificate III from vetasess my relevant work experience starts from October 2007?

There were no dates included with my skills assesment from Vetassess it just said I had been successful?

Archived