Recommendations for Primary Schools Manningham Adelaide

wandarri

Hi,

Can anyone recommend any great primary schools for Manningham area please - I would not be adverse to paying some smaller fees but can't afford $20k a year for St Andrews!!

Gov't or church schools are fine as well.

We want to give our children the very best of education.

Many thanks

Walkerville Primary is supposed to have a good reputation. As Manningham is near the affluent eastern suburbs and North Adelaide, you should have a good choice of excellent primary schools nearby, both state and private. I'm surprised St Andrews is so expensive - I hadn't even heard of it!

Are you here already or moving here? Have you tried chatting to Walkerville - they might have a place in the year group you need, even if you are not in their catchment area. I will ask my friend who used to live in Prospect which schools her kids went to and get back to you.

How far are you willing to travel? I can highly recommend Stradbroke School in Rostrevor, which isn't zoned, but it would be a bit of a treck from where you are. We do have kids at the school who travel a fair bit, but usually have some compelling reason to do so. You could also try Trinity Gardens primary on Port Rush Road to see if they have spaces in the year group you are looking at. I'm not sure if they are zoned but if they are you could see if they will accept kids from outside the zone.

Hi - I had a word with my friend who used to live near there (she has four children) and this is her reply: (hope it helps)

My girls went to St Mary's and the boys Black friars...there is a small parish Catholic school in Prospect can't remember the name but a friends daughter went there and it shares the oval with Prospect Primary..there is St Pauls Lutheran. Our neighbour's kids went there. Very happy.

Archived