190 visa - Offer of Employment Issue

emmakerwin

Hi guys,

I am hoping somebody can give me a bit of advice on whether anybody has encountered the same problem as me.

I am at the final stage now for submitting my application for permanent residency for the 190 state sponsorship visa (to live in WA), I have been invited to apply by the WA Government. I am currently in Australia on a WHV and I have obtained employment within a very similar company to that of which my skills were assessed. However my job is very different and does not fit in with the occupation I have applied under (HR Advisor). My employer is willing to change my job role to fit in with the visa but does anybody know how closely this has to match the HR Advisor descriptor they use when assessing my case?

What would be easiest is if I can focus more on the recruitment side of the business as I do some of that anyway but I'm not sure whether this would be sufficient.

Has anybody else had this problem and if so what did you do?

The need for a job offer is a requirement that WA has imposed on nomination by them for sponsorship.

Your sponsorship has been approved so WA must be satisfied that you have met their requirement.

IMO, that's the end of the story when it comes to the job and job offer.

There is no such requirement for the actual visa application. On a 190, you can work in any occupation for any employer with the only string being the requirement to live and work in the sponsoring state for two years so all DIBP is interested in is a). Do you have a state nomination (YES) and b) Do you meet DIBP's skills assessment, points and other requirements, none of which is a job offer?

Archived