Anyone heading to Sydney?

Nicki1987

Hi Poms!

Just thought I'd post a quick hello as I'm new to the site.

My names Nicki, 27 and I am an account manager for a confectionery manufacturer. I am relocating to Sydney in May 2015. I'm really excited about this new opportunity having lived in oz as a kid.

Would be great to hear from anyone else who is going through the same process at present and all the excitement, nerves and preparation it entails!

Exciting times ahead x

Hi there

We (my partner and I) are Sydney-bound in April/May 2015. He's originally from NSW, having lived in the UK for 12+ years.

I've visited twice on holiday but have no real idea what to expect... no plans made yet but will start on that after Christmas. I am a PA (admin stuff) and he is in IT (nerd stuff) so I really hope we can find some sort of relatively well paid work. And if not, any work will do ;)

We're not going to be taking much stuff with us, just a few kitchen items, towels/sheets (Manchester?!) to start us off, obviously clothes, personal knick knacks, computer etc. None of our furniture is worth anything (all very old/crappy or Ikea) so no real point in paying to take it with us.

I will have lots of "in laws" after we move, so I plan to rely on their kindness/charity/spare room, for a short time, if required...

Area-wise I am not sure where we will live - somewhere with train connections, as I don't want to have to drive everywhere. I like Artamon (and Chatswood at a push) and also Pyrmont and Glebe. I would also give Surry Hills a punt but not sure if we'll be able to afford it. But one step at a time!

Hi Nicki n Vicky,

The Boyf and I are a couple of months ahead of you- we're flying out end Jan. We're spending a week in Perth visiting my cousin but then need to knuckle down on the job hunt.

i'm very excited at this point as we moved out of our rental flat and are squeezed into his parents house until we go so it all feels real now!

Still got a lot of decluttering to do to get down to 40kg each.

I'm 31 by the way and have been at bootcamp tonight in freezing conditions ready for my "bondi body" to be on display in 6 weeks. Who am I kidding with Xmas feasting still to come?!

I haven't been to aus before so interested to see it for myself, keeping an open mind but Boyf loves it.

Please excuse the unstructured post, I'm on the mobile.

Cheers, Ness

Archived