Risk of student visa not granted

gto21

My TR is going to expire soon, i want to apply for a student visa. I did a degree in accounting. Is it better for me to apply for a Master?

I prefer advance diploma as its cheaper, but is it risky to apply for it as i already have a degree?

Or choosing a course not related to accounting represent a high risk of not granted?

To sum up, is master my best option for student visa? Problem with Master its expensive.

I don't want to take to much risk of it not granted.

Most people stop studying after a degree. But i want to keep pushing myself and get more qualification. I'm interested to study a few things. But not sure which one to chose because of cost and the risk factor of visa not being granted.

My TR is going to expire soon, i want to apply for a student visa. I did a degree in accounting. Is it better for me to apply for a Master?

I prefer advance diploma as its cheaper, but is it risky to apply for it as i already have a degree?

Or choosing a course not related to accounting represent a high risk of not granted?

To sum up, is master my best option for student visa? Problem with Master its expensive.

I presume you have studied in detail the information provided on the DIBP website? It states there that the following courses are eligible:

[h=3]Requirements[/h]You might be able to get this visa if you are enrolled as a student in a registered course for the award of:

• a bachelor or associate degree

• a graduate certificate or graduate diploma

• a masters degree by coursework

• a higher education diploma or advanced diploma.

An advanced diploma is therefore eligible - I think you may have more difficult with some of the other requirements though as it does rather sound like you want to stay in Australia when in fact you need to be able to demonstrate that isn't your intention.

I would suggest you may find it easier to prove the value of the course to your future if you stick with accounting though - unless post-graduation work experience is pointing you in a different direction.

You mention preferring the Diploma because it is cheaper - you do need to have sufficient funds not just to pay for the course but also your other expenses in order for the visa to be granted.

It might be worth you having a migrant to guide you through this and ensure the right information is proved to DIBP.

[h=4]Genuine temporary entrant requirement[/h]Your individual circumstances must demonstrate that you genuinely intend to stay in Australia temporarily.

The factors that are considered during assessment of the genuine temporary entrant (GTE) requirement include: your personal circumstances in your home country, your potential circumstances in Australia, the value of the course to your future, your immigration history, and any other matter that is relevant to your intention to remain in Australia temporarily. If you are a minor the intentions of your parent, legal guardian or spouse will also be considered.

The information provided in your application form and supporting documentation will be used to assess the GTE requirement. You may be requested to provide additional information in relation to the factors set out above.

See: Genuine Temporary Entrant

[h=4]Financial requirements[/h]You must have enough money to pay for travel, tuition and living expenses for yourself, your partner and your dependent children for the duration of your stay in Australia. You must also have enough money to support your partner and dependent children, even if they do not travel with you to Australia.

Note: Specific financial requirements apply to fully funded students.

You might have better and less costly options than applying for a student visa.

If you do apply for a student visa, make sure it is relevant to your future plans.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent?

Archived