Arriving in Coffs Harbour.....Hello :)

Nyssa

Hi,

We are moving to Coffs Harbour on Monday :) Very excited but have only been in Oz since beginning of the month. Keen to meet people in the area and find out about any local events. We are a teacher and a plumber in our late 20s originally from Hampshire.

Nyssa

Hi Debbie

Move has gone very well, despite a small hiccup, with the estate agent getting the wrong day for collection of our keys to our permanent rental. But we are moved in now and just waiting for our container so we can have all of our possessions. Settling in well and love the area! Everyone is friendly and helpful and there is so much to see and do. Currently joining a local group to help us meet more people, something I would have never done in the UK but we can't expect people to turn up at our door asking to be our friend :) Next step is now to secure jobs in this area so we can stay.

Do you have an idea of when you want to come out next year, or is it all waiting on the visa? I am sure the visa will go through quick with you being a nurse, I have seen so many jobs advertised for Nurses in Coffs harbour! Also are you planning on moving to somewhere near here?

Nyssa

Hi Nyssa,

Glad the move went ok and your beginning to settle in. We are hoping to lodge the visa any day now, just waiting on State Sponsorship to confirm their part. We are hoping it could be Aug/Sep next year but depends on when we get to sell the house really. Where have you seen the jobs advertised for the nurses, would be good if you could pass on some info, are you on facebook? youll have to add me so i can see any piccies etc your putting on (im under debbie cherry (debbie binns). Are you renting then ? whereabouts? do you like the area? what made you choose Coffs? I am so excited about getting over there but in the same token Im terrified, worried about jobs, will my kids like it, will I like it, etc etc.

Lovely to hear more from you

Debbie xx

Archived