Excess international or anglo pacific?

Mae m

Hi, will need to ship our personal effects by dec 7 and ive got two companies that i really think i can trust but the price difference is £300 for the volume ive been told. Has any of you used one of these and maybe let me know if u will recommend it. Thank you!

I've never heard of Excess International but Anglo Pacific is a big firm. The thing that put me off them is that they will quote a price but won't come and see what you are actually shipping and on the day, if it's more, they will charge you accordingly. For me, I prefer a company that will send someone and give a firm price. I can't be doing with these "estimates" that may go up and then they've got you over a barrel as they know you need to ship your stuff.

I've never heard of Excess International but Anglo Pacific is a big firm. The thing that put me off them is that they will quote a price but won't come and see what you are actually shipping and on the day, if it's more, they will charge you accordingly. For me, I prefer a company that will send someone and give a firm price. I can't be doing with these "estimates" that may go up and then they've got you over a barrels as they know you need to ship your stuff.

thank you for your answer, may i know what company you've used instead?

I've used Britannia as although I used to work for Pickfords, the area manager for Britannia is my old boss from those times and I got a really good deal with them. Both Britannia and Pickfords will come and do a survey of what you are taking and give you a firm price. If you are based in North West England, send me a PM and I'll give you their move co-ordinator's number and email and you can contact her for more information.

I've used Britannia as although I used to work for Pickfords, the area manager for Britannia is my old boss from those times and I got a really good deal with them. Both Britannia and Pickfords will come and do a survey of what you are taking and give you a firm price. If you are based in North West England, send me a PM and I'll give you their move co-ordinator's number and email and you can contact her for more information.

Anglopacific came to see and did the survey already, they are actually fast in responding and very helpful.

Guest guest30085

I used Anglo to ship around 13 tea cartons, everything went like clockwork, I think it was around £500 all in, door to door. Yes they gave an estimate but it wasn't wildly away from the actual.

I used Anglo to ship around 13 tea cartons, everything went like clockwork, I think it was around £500 all in, door to door. Yes they gave an estimate but it wasn't wildly away from the actual.

Thanks adona! How many cubic feet was yours?

Thanks adona! How many cubic feet was yours?

We used Anglo Pacific recently to ship half a container. Very competitively priced, came and did a detailed list of what we wanted to send, men on the day for the packing were good & so was delivery to us the other end.

Hope this helps

I have just signed up to use Anglo Pacific, they were very good, answered all my questions and although they do estimate the price, i gave them dimensions of the stuff i was shipping and they sent me a list of the boxes they use and how much space they take up, so could get an accurate quote based on the cubit feet it would all take up.

Archived