Bridging Visa B needed?

milliem

Hi Guys

I have a pending application for a PR visa which will probably not be processed until mid-end January.

I have a trip planned to the US for 3 1/2 weeks at the end of Dec and my son will also be heading (separately) to UK to see his dad for about 6 weeks.

I just want to double check that I am reading the DIBP guidelines correctly

My 475 visa is valid until 4th November 2015. I understand that a bridging A will be issued and that it will take effect should the current substantive visa expire during the waiting period.

My 475 allows me unlimited travel to and from Aus during the visa period. Does this mean that I will not require a bridging visa B for each of us to be able to exit and re-enter Aus during the waiting period?

Any thoughts or advice would be very welcome

Millie

You would only need a BVB if your BVA had already taken effect before your trip or if it might take effect while you're away. From the dates you're provided, you don't need a BVB.

One important point though...

If your new application is for a visa that can only be granted onshore, make sure you notify your Case Officer of your travel dates so the visa grant can be delayed until you get back if it should happen to be ready to grant before one or both of you are back in Australia. If an onshore visa is granted while the applicant is offshore, they lose the visa.

I think the onshore/offshore thing doesn't apply to 887s (is that the permanent visa you've applied for?) but I'm really not sure - ask your Case Officer to make sure and advise them of your travel dates at the same time. It may even precipitate a visa grant before you leave if you're lucky.