Can i claim work experience points

secure12345

Hi All,

I have 6 years and 11 months of experience as a ICT Business Analyst from various IT organizations and got a +positive assessment from ACS on August 6th 2014.

Qualification : Degree B.com., & a MBA(Health management) which are both NOT related to IT.

Can i claim points for the above experience or else i found an extract which is mentioned below denotes a different story? -Please clarify

If his/her degree is assessed as having an ICT minor which is not closely related to his/her nominated occupation, he/she will require 6 years relevant work experience. Only closely related experience gained after the 6 years can be counted for work experience points.

I went through 2 consultant and each differ in their view where one has given me ZERO point and the other has scored 10 points for my experience(I find the conclusion not valid .. i.e. though the applicant requires 6 years work experience if he / she is ICT minor..

but the Australia Immigration will still count the 6 years work experience to score points for work experience)

Any help in this would be really appreciated:)

Cheers

Renato Pereira

An extract of the ACS report

Dear Mr Pereira,

Thank you for your ICT skills assessment which was received by the Australian Computer Society on 24

July 2014.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261111 (ICT Business Analyst) of the

ANZSCO Code.

The following employment after September 2013 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately

skilled level and relevant to 261111 (ICT Business Analyst) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 08/07 - 12/08 (1yrs 4mths)

Position: Business Analyst (Team Leader)

Employer: Accenture Services Private Limited

Dates: 01/09 - 05/14 (5yrs 4mths)

Position: Consultant / Senior Business Analyst

Employer: Cognizant Technology Solutions India Pvt. Ltd

Please note that the Department of Immigration and Border Protection reserves the right to undertake

further investigation regarding your skilled employment experience.

While the ACS is authorised to assess ICT skills assessments, the final decision in awarding points

remains with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.

This assessment is valid for a period of 24 months from the date of this letter.

According to your skills assessment letter, you would be most unwise to claim points for any work experience before September 2013 so in other words, you should claim no experience points as you have less than the 3 years required for 5 points.

If you need more points, do IELTS.

An extract of the ACS report

Dear Mr Pereira,

Thank you for your ICT skills assessment which was received by the Australian Computer Society on 24

July 2014.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261111 (ICT Business Analyst) of the

ANZSCO Code.

The following employment after September 2013 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately

skilled level and relevant to 261111 (ICT Business Analyst) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 08/07 - 12/08 (1yrs 4mths)

Position: Business Analyst (Team Leader)

Employer: Accenture Services Private Limited

Dates: 01/09 - 05/14 (5yrs 4mths)

Position: Consultant / Senior Business Analyst

Employer: Cognizant Technology Solutions India Pvt. Ltd

Please note that the Department of Immigration and Border Protection reserves the right to undertake

further investigation regarding your skilled employment experience.

While the ACS is authorised to assess ICT skills assessments, the final decision in awarding points

remains with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.

This assessment is valid for a period of 24 months from the date of this letter.

There are a number of things wrong with your ACS extract. Contact the ACS to clarify, or have a RMA review the letter.

For a fee. He is a professional agent.

I did not ask for a fee. I undertake preliminary assessments for no charge and quote fees if and only if I can offer useful advice or services.

Useful advice is sometimes along the lines - I have fully assessed your case and I regret to advise...

It is better to throw a consultation fee down the drain, rather than a VAC or two.

Archived