Fee help? Plz

Aprince

Im trying to figure out some fees associated with my visa and wondered if anyone could help me. The actual partner visa is around 4500 AUD onshore and I was wondering what other fees there are and how much they will be? Do i just have to do a medical and an Australian police check? I from the USA.

I have a migrant agent that use to work for the department of immigration that I used two years ago to get a student visa while i was on a tourist visa. She charged 300 dollars for the consultation and got me approved for two years; at a school i could afford (at an unadvertised underground promo price... basically 1/2 off) in a matter of days. They basically guaranteed their service. She mentioned her fees for a partner visa would be around 3000 AUD, which covered both the temporary and permanent stages of that visa.

Im wondering if her service is needed? We are already strapped for cash. We barely raised enough. If we were to do it on our own, what other costs do i need to look at? Is it even worth the headache? Do you think her expertise would be warranted that3k.. she basically can guarantee your approval and knows the system.. well according to her and her company.

Thanks in advance

Majority of people don't use agents for the partner visa, as you need to gather the evidence yourselves. Unless you have a complicated case.

which visa are you currently on?

Other costs are medical and police checks from both US and Australia, and any other countries you have spent total of 12 month in last 10 years.

No agent, no matter how good or how experienced can "basically ... guarantee your approval" and they shouldn't be telling anyone that they can.

Most people manage their Partner visa application without an agent to assist. If you have a good understanding of the requirements as set out in the Partner Migration booklet, good relationship evidence and a straightforward situation, you should be able to manage to do it yourself with occasional assistance from PIO members if you have a question or two during the process.

Additional costs will be for a medical and PCCs from each country (including Australia) in which you've lived for 12 months or longer since the age of 16.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Pages/character-police/requirements.aspx Character and police requirements

Booklet 1 has a lot of the information required for the partner visa. http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1127.pdf

From your previous posts you state you have a child together with your wife, if you can show that you have been in relationship for 2 years before applying you should go straight to the PR visa, so there hopwill be no second stage

Majority of people don't use agents for the partner visa, as you need to gather the evidence yourselves. Unless you have a complicated case.

which visa are you currently on?

Other costs are medical and police checks from both US and Australia, and any other countries you have spent total of 12 month in last 10 years.

Im on a student 572 visa.

Im not sure if we are complicated or not, we both were previously divorced. I dont have my Military records - ive ordered them - idk if i need to submit them with the application or if i can wait awhile. they may take months to get. edit I got a bad conduct discharge. i went awol. well i got drunk and missed a flight to korea etc etc and got the boot. im not sure if this will be a character concern. i have no criminal convictions

We are now married to each other and have a 1 1/2 yr old child that was born here.

This is what we have already

Marriage certificate

Original Birth Certificates

National ID Cards

Passports

Certified divorce documents (both of us have these)

We are registered as a defacto with birth, death, and marriage

We are both on our current home lease for the past two years (we share another 6 month lease from 3 yrs ago)

We are both on utility bills

student health insurance

we have photos of us both in American and in Australia.. of our wedding, childs birth, vacation etc.

2 statutory declarations from family and friend. (we can get more)

we dont have a joint bank acct. but we can show money being moved back and forth between the two for the last two years. (we are going to get one soon)

What i dont have yet:

Military records my dd 214s - ive ordered them - idk if i need to submit them with the application or if i can wait awhile. they may take months to get

Police check

medical

and fbi clerance

Your situation looks to me like it's pretty uncomplicated. You're married and before that were in a registered relationship, you have a child together and evidence of having lived together for over 2 years, you have all of your divorce documents - all sounds very straightforward. I'd say you could safely handle your application without an agent as long as you have good attention to detail and are OK at filling in forms. You'll presumably be applying onshore so processing time will be over 12 months which will give you plenty of time to get the military records. Attach what you have now and add the military records when they arrive. You have a pretty good chance of getting a permanent visa from the outset which iwll help with the tuition fees if you're still studying.

Just one point I should make. As you probably know, you will get a Bridging visa A with unrestricted work rights when you apply for an onshore Partner visa but I hope you're aware that it will only take effect if your Student visa expires before your Partner visa is granted. Until then, you must comply with all of the conditions of your Student visa i.e. attendance, work restrictions etc. If your Student visa is cancelled for any reason, your BVA will be cancelled and you will end up on a Bridging visa E with no work or travel rights (you will not be able to get back into Australia if you leave). On a BVE, you can apply for Permission to Work on the grounds of financial hardship but there's no guarantee that such an application will be successful.

Archived