ATO not received my non lodgement form...

LadyCroft

So the person I spoke to says I need to do a tax return but state I had no.earnings this year and it will register a zero return therefore fix the problem.. We just arrived in oz end of last year n I've been home looking after the kids. No income from anything, no savings, nothing so why do I need to do a tax return? Got fed up trying to explain. They said it's because my partner works. He already did his tax return n its all fine.

Should I just resend another non lodgement or do a "no income' tax return as suggested?

Anyone else had this issue?

Hi Ladycroft, are you waiting on a payment from Family Assistance or anything like that??

When I didn't work when my kids were toddlers I never had to do one, I just had to inform Family Assistance that I didn't have to lodge a tax return as I had no earnings and didn't work for that Financial Year.

Do you still have property in the UK at all earning Rent by any chance? that is classed as earning although you may not see of it in your pocket

Hi Ladycroft, are you waiting on a payment from Family Assistance or anything like that??

When I didn't work when my kids were toddlers I never had to do one, I just had to inform Family Assistance that I didn't have to lodge a tax return as I had no earnings and didn't work for that Financial Year.

Do you still have property in the UK at all earning Rent by any chance? that is classed as earning although you may not see of it in your pocket

Nope, nothing. Not applied for FTB yet as we didn't realise we were eligible. I just don't want to do the wrong thing. Concerned that if I do a tax return it will just confuse matters since I have nothing to put on it even though the person I spoke to said they think I should fill it in ...

Archived