disabled child and emigrating

luisem143

Hi, does anyone know if it is worth starting the application to emigrate.

I am a senior nurse and my husband stays at home and looks after our 3 year old who has cerebral palsy level 5. we have 2 other children 11 and 7.

I was wondering if the babys disability will give us a straight NO when applying.

We have a medical negligence case at the moment but that could take up to 2 years before that is finalised and you never know the outcome really.

Would he be deemed as a financial burden on Aus tax payers and if he wins his negligence case and became fully funded from UK would they then accept him??

Thank you in advance

I worked with a service user with CP who's family had moved to Australia and he went into care, after the mother tried to move them all out there. He was turned down for a Visa, I think for the reason you gave, about being a drain on the country's finances.

Sorry I know this is OT but are you saying he went into care because the family went to Australia without him? I hope I am misreading that….

To the OP I don't have any inside knowledge to really help but it depends on the individual case and the cost of lifelong medical care. Personal funds make no difference as a permanent resident of Australia is entitled to Medicare regardless of their financial means.

Archived