Need Advise on showing hours when applying for 887 visa

faree

Hi,

I'm on a 489 visa and looking forward to apply for PR through 887 visa. Presently I'm self employed and work on ABN. I wonder what are the documents to be submitted to the immigration department to prove the hours (Need 35 h/week) I worked when applying for PR. I highly appreciate if anyone could share their experience and expertise.

Thanks Ozmaniac. I work for a main contractor who has a security contract with an organization. Unfortunately, I don't have any written contracts with him. By the end of every week, he transfers the pay to my bank account depending on the hours I work for that week.

He asked me to prepare my own invoice and send him a copy. I'm not sure whether the invoice should be given from my end or from his end. Further there is a communication book where I sing on and sing off during my each shift. I recently started this job and haven't lodged any tax return yet. Hope to do so for this financial year.

Sounds like bank statements and your invoices to him should do the trick - the invoices presumably correlate with the bank transfers to prove that you haven't fudged them. If your CO asks for more, a copy of the communications book might work but it shouldn't be necessary if you have invoices showing your hours and bank deposits paying for that work.

Archived