Nurse needs help! :'(

molloyce

Hey all,

I'm a 25 year old Irish nurse looking to get back to Melbourne. I have completed my WHV, and am now back in Dublin. I worked as a nurse in Oz, but failed to pay the retention fee when I came home as funds were low. I no longer have my pin, and to get my registration back I need a visa along with my passport (International passports are not accepted without a current visa code!). Does anyone know, could I get a holiday/tourist visa and apply using that?? The categories for identification make it impossible for anyone outside of Australia with no visa to reapply- I cannot use my passport or birth certificate this time round. This really has me just so upset and AHPRA are not replying. I very much want a 189 visa, btu my registration is holding me back. I cannot submit an EOI with a skills assessment, and I can't get a skills assessment without my registration. :sad::sad::sad:

I don't understand?

You don't need a visa to get AHPRA nursing registration? I have just submitted mine, you only need to provide evidence of your name if you are an international candidate. All other identity documents are provided before you get it awarded once you are in Australia.

You can get ANMAC skills assessment without AHPRA registration and you could get AHPRA without ANMAC skills assessment.

I suggest browsing this forum on the nursing threads, I think you have got yourself totally confused!

Thanks Jac, a migration officer I had been dealing with gave my incorrect information! I have applied for my IELTS to get my skills assessment, and while I can apply for my nursing registration it won't be granted unless I personally present myself at an AHPRA office. Sooo relieved to have sourced the correct info!!

Thats right molloyce, although some nurses are getting AHPRA registration without having to present in person but I am not sure how that works personally.

Focus on the pathway for ANMAC --> IELTS ---> ANMAC ---> EOI ---> 189 Visa application. Then you can get back in the country.

AHPRA is a seperate entity, just apply for that as soon as possible.

Bear in mind, that teh 189 visa from start to finish takes around 6 months if you are on the ball and ready to go at each stage.

Good Luck

like Jac said you don't need a visa to get nursing registration- but you can't get back to work in us as a nurse on a permanent basis without a PR Visa! & the best one is the 189. so follow her indications above- you need IELTS, ANMAC, EOI, Visa Appl. Google the 189 visa process for clarification.

Archived