Recommended Migration agents

Mazza227

Hi, I've been advised to join this site from poms in Adelaide as there seems to be good advise on migration agents here.

my family (me 36, husband Paul 42, and 2 girls 8&6) are looking to move to Adelaide area. Paul is trying to get a skilled visa as a painter/decorator either 189 or 489 if doesn't get enough points on the ielts.

My my main question is, we spoke to 2 agents last night, 1st visa bureau who sent an email with all costs etc, basically worked out to around £12500 for visa/ their cost/ielts etc. I think basically everything except removals fees. They also advised he would have to do an aqf level 3 as he doesn't have qualifications. This would cost around £1800 but I think he can arrange that himself as works out around £1600 then.

Then he spoke to visa migrate, they still haven't sent an email with breakdown of costs etc but she said it would be £7500. This is a big difference that worries me slightly! she said he would need a TRA diploma which was £1000, again big difference and would this qualification be good enough?

I think visa bureau work out £2800 fees and visa migrate around £2000 but she couldn't confirm exactly. Also with visa bureau if they didn't think it would work out, they refund the deposit as they are MARA registered. Not sure about the others.

So basically I'm looking for advise on a good agent, and what to do next? Paul is planning a trip up stay with friends out there to be sure of area and if we will be ok out there, should that be our 1st move or the ielts test or something else? Sorry for all the questions but seems there is a lot of conflicting advise!:wacko:

Hi, I've been advised to join this site from poms in Adelaide as there seems to be good advise on migration agents here.

my family (me 36, husband Paul 42, and 2 girls 8&6) are looking to move to Adelaide area. Paul is trying to get a skilled visa as a painter/decorator either 189 or 489 if doesn't get enough points on the ielts.

My my main question is, we spoke to 2 agents last night, 1st visa bureau who sent an email with all costs etc, basically worked out to around £12500 for visa/ their cost/ielts etc. I think basically everything except removals fees. They also advised he would have to do an aqf level 3 as he doesn't have qualifications. This would cost around £1800 but I think he can arrange that himself as works out around £1600 then.

Then he spoke to visa migrate, they still haven't sent an email with breakdown of costs etc but she said it would be £7500. This is a big difference that worries me slightly! she said he would need a TRA diploma which was £1000, again big difference and would this qualification be good enough?

I think visa bureau work out £2800 fees and visa migrate around £2000 but she couldn't confirm exactly. Also with visa bureau if they didn't think it would work out, they refund the deposit as they are MARA registered. Not sure about the others.

So basically I'm looking for advise on a good agent, and what to do next? Paul is planning a trip up stay with friends out there to be sure of area and if we will be ok out there, should that be our 1st move or the ielts test or something else? Sorry for all the questions but seems there is a lot of conflicting advise!:wacko:

Hi Mazza227,

Try speaking with Go Matilda as well. I've been guided by them and they've been very professional & helpful.

Regards,

Ali

Thank you both, I looked at other reviews for Go Matilda after seeing this, and I called them this afternoon. Matt phoned me back and I was very impressed, he was very knowledgable about everything I asked and very friendly too. We are just making decision on which way to go, but if/when we start the process, we will definitely use them:smile:

Archived