Expcerience not on skills assessment letter??

Serendipity

Hi I've had my skills assessment done by the Occupational Therapy Council and the outcome was positive. I have the letter stating that I am suitable for skilled migration. However the letter does not state how many years I can claim and I'm wondering how I go about proving this. I've worked as an OT for over 19 years now but in the last 10 years have been part time and/ or self employed for the last few years. I have had a full time permanent job for 5 and a half years between 2005 and 2011 and so am going to claim a safe 5 years experience for the purpose of my visa.

My question is how do I prove this? I recently spoke to someone from immigration at an expo we went to, and she said the skills assessment letter normally states how many years experience. But mine doesn't! Any suggestions? Thanks

Hi there, I am not an expert on the subject , but let me give my two cents. Skill assessing authorities usually does not mention the years of experience on their letters , except for ACS , I had my skills assessed by Engineers Australia , and they didn't mention the number of years, they do it seperatley and there is a fee for that .

DIAC is the final deciding authority for the number of relevant years you have worked , regardless of the outcome by assessing bodies.

For proving your work experience , you will need to show salary slips, bank statements, work experience letter from your employer, if you are self employed you can also show the payments being made to you as a proof of your work experience.

Sorry for typos , and please correct me if any one have a better idea about claiming points for work experience issues.

Edited by Owais Iqbal

Hi there, I am not an expert on the subject , but let me give my two cents. Skill assessing authorities usually does not mention the years of experience on their letters , except for ACS , I had my skills assessed by Engineers Australia , and they didn't mention the number of years, they do it seperatley and there is a fee for that .

DIAC is the final deciding authority for the number of relevant years you have worked , regardless of the outcome by assessing bodies.

For proving your work experience , you will need to show salary slips, bank statements, work experience letter from your employer, if you are self employed you can also show the payments being made to you as a proof of your work experience.

Sorry for typos , and please correct me if any one have a better idea about claiming points for work experience issues.

Thanks for that. At what stage do you submit all this other info- bank statements, salary slips etc? Is it with the actual visa application. I am only at the Expression of interest stage at the moment.

I was just a bit confused as the woman from the embassy who was at the expo told me that it is the people who assess your skills that state the number of years experience. Anyway, as I said I've got a straight 5 and a half years from 2005 to 2011 in the same employed job, and I'm only going to claim 5 years experience in the last 10 to make things easier as my work history is quite bitty over the past 4 years as I've been juggling two small children.

Thanks, and if anyone else has any advice I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for that. At what stage do you submit all this other info- bank statements, salary slips etc? Is it with the actual visa application. I am only at the Expression of interest stage at the moment.

I was just a bit confused as the woman from the embassy who was at the expo told me that it is the people who assess your skills that state the number of years experience. Anyway, as I said I've got a straight 5 and a half years from 2005 to 2011 in the same employed job, and I'm only going to claim 5 years experience in the last 10 to make things easier as my work history is quite bitty over the past 4 years as I've been juggling two small children.

Thanks, and if anyone else has any advice I'd appreciate it.

I submitted my documents , after lodging the visa, which i believe is your next step,you have to make your situation as vivid as possible , so as to make it easier fort the Case Officer to make a quick decission , rather than requesting for further documents again .

Hope it helps.