ielts

furballs21

Hi,

I qualify for the 60 points required for the 189 skilled worker visa, I've had my qualifications assessed and approved to work in Oz. We were originally going to go on my husband's job and he took the ielts exam but due to an unforeseen circumstance we're thinking it might be better if we go on my job which is also on the sol list. I haven't taken the ielts exam and don't need the points from it to have the 60 points required but I heard somewhere that the principle applicant has to have done the ielts to apply...is this true or can I apply knowing I have the points required, a UK passport and proof of all my education being in English?

Thanks

Hi,

I qualify for the 60 points required for the 189 skilled worker visa, I've had my qualifications assessed and approved to work in Oz. We were originally going to go on my husband's job and he took the ielts exam but due to an unforeseen circumstance we're thinking it might be better if we go on my job which is also on the sol list. I haven't taken the ielts exam and don't need the points from it to have the 60 points required but I heard somewhere that the principle applicant has to have done the ielts to apply...is this true or can I apply knowing I have the points required, a UK passport and proof of all my education being in English?

Thanks

Unless you hold passport of Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States of America you must give IELTS.

You must get at least 6 points on each band (listening, reading, writing and speaking) to be eligible for Permanent Residency Visa.

Archived