Medicals, visa processing times and flights...

aconcannon

Hi everybody :)

So we've FINALLY been allocated a case officer after an 11 week wait and so we are off to have our medicals on Saturday since they've now been requested - it's been such a long road for us but we're finally getting to the end of it!

I have 4 questions if anybody is able to answer them please:

- Has anybody had a medical at the Spire Hospital in Manchester? How did you find it?

- What exactly does the medical involve?

- How long on average have people waited after returning police checks and medicals before the case officer actually issued the visa?

- I'm really keen to book our flights now but my husband thinks we should wait until we receive the final 'we don't need anymore ifnormation and here is your visa' email... has anybody booked flights prior to receiving this? (we are 189 visa applicants)

Many thanks for all of your help :)

Medical is the standard stuff. Chest X ray, blood test, urine sample, height, weight, BP, eyes, general once over, they'll take a medical history, that sort of thing. None of it is rocket science.

Any meds you are on long term or any ongoing or long term medical conditions, consider having a doctors letter to take with you and be prepared to provide further info if they request it.

I have no clue what visa you are applying for so cannot comment on wait times. Each visa type processes in a diffrent time frame.

Plenty of people book flights in advance. Depends how soon you want to leave after visa grant or if you have a time frame you are working to and plan to move say in 8 months or so and so booking now could get you a cheaper price than waiting a couple of months or however long till your visa is actually granted. There is no right or wrong with that, just do what you feel is best. Take out an insurance on the flights so if you need to amend or cancel you don't lose everything on them.

Thanks for your advice @snifter :)

We're applying for a 189 visa with our medicals and police checks having been requested by our case officer & thus the final stage in our process - any ideas what the wait is for a 189?

Ah ok, medical seems easy enough! Any ideas what they are looking for in the urine and blood tests please?

And in regards to the flights - we're looking at leaving the UK in about 10 months so they are dirt cheap at the minute which is why I am super keen to book them :)

Thanks for your advice @snifter :)

We're applying for a 189 visa with our medicals and police checks having been requested by our case officer & thus the final stage in our process - any ideas what the wait is for a 189?

Ah ok, medical seems easy enough! Any ideas what they are looking for in the urine and blood tests please?

And in regards to the flights - we're looking at leaving the UK in about 10 months so they are dirt cheap at the minute which is why I am super keen to book them :)

Urine dip is just the usual things and blood test is for HIV.

There is a heap of info on the medical online. Also your Spire should have info on it listed.

Can't help on the wait time for a 189 as I don't really follow the timescale of it. Someone else may know though so long as you mention what visa number when posting.

I would think the only thing that could hold you up now was if any of your medicals got referred - this would be my worse fear after going through all this process; I personally would wait until you know your medicals are satisfactory but as already suggested you could take out insurance if it covers it ??

Good luck :-)

Archived