Bring Back Taxidermy / Entomology To Australia !?

iamrachael

I suspect I already know the answer to this one, but wondered if anyone else has any experience with bringing entomology in to Australia?

I collect butterflies, insects and I have a crab (I'm a little stranger than some) I have about 8 in total. Before anyone gets animals rights on me, all of these animals died naturally. :) They have all been treated and are in glass cases that have been sealed shut. I'm sure customs will destroy them on site which would break my little heart. Can anyone offer any advice ??

Hmm, if you ship them you may lose them or have to pay to have them treated. I don't know if they would be allowed in at all. the AQIS blurb will probably say so somewhere as to if its allowed provided they are all treated. Or email and ask them what is what?

If you bring them on the plane in luggage.... read up on customs upon entering Aus. Might mean they are allowed in if you declare and pay to have them treated (iirc this treatment is cheaper than in shipping contents but don't quote me on it).

Archived