Dual Passports?!

Confused456

Hi,

can anyone riddle me this...

If I have traveled Australia on a 457 visa for 2 years on the back of my UK passport, is it an option if I'm in dire need to get back that I travel on my Irish passport, again applying for a 457 visa?

As as a last resort I'd consider this...

whoever can can help please shed some light for me!

As Blossom79 above states, I think you might be meaning a WHV as opposed to a 457 as a WHV normally has a 2 year expiry date (provided you did the required regional work) & the 457 is generally a 4 year expiry date.

If it is a WHV visa then you (regardless of which national passport you originally travelled on) can only be issued one of these. You should consider applying for a more permanent visa in your own right (189 or 190) if you are desperate to come back more permanently but to do this your occupation would need to be on the SOL or CSOL and you would need to meet a minimum points requirement (60 points).

A more temporary option would be the 457 visa but your occupation would still need to be on the list of skilled occupations that have a skills gap.

In terms of your original question about travelling on your Irish passport for a 2nd WHV (I'm making the assumption that this is your original visa and not a 457) then this is a big 'no-no' and could lead you to be kicked out of Oz and banned from entering Oz for a specific period of time. My knowledge of this is based upon an episode of 'Nothing to Declare' where an Irish guy tried to do the very same thing and got caught before he even made it passed customs!

Given that this is a public forum, that is known to be viewed by DIAC, I wouldn't be so keen on putting it in 'black and white' that you are considering doing this....just my opinion!!

If, infact, your original visa was a 457 then there is nothing stopping you from applying for another on your British passport, provided you can find an employer willing & able to sponsor you.

Archived