Shipping back to the UK

beanbear

Just thought people who are considering the move back or are planning might like to know about our recent experience with companies coming to quote. We had Pickfords, Wridgways and Grace and all were very professional and quick to give us their proposals. We have decided on Grace, who not only came in with the best price and met the best aspects of the others' proposals, but Roger their salesperson has been fantastic.

I hope our whole experience with them is this good. From past posts it seems people have been pleased with them. It is a relief to get this far and we are probably only about a week (of hard labour!) away from getting our house on the market.

We used Grace from Perth and were delighted - the two guys that packed the container were fantastic (although sub-contractors so it may be the luck of the draw). They handed over to the Shore Porters at this end and we were happy with the whole process.

We used Grace from Perth to Cheshire earlier this year. So glad we did, highly recommend them. We ended up with just short of a 20ft container load, so went shared, but didn't wait too long. We had the added complication of returning back to the UK within a year, Customs did question this and we did indeed have to prove we brought back what we shipped initially. They used a company called AGS in the Uk to do the customs clearance, they were great, excellent communications with them. Kept us well in the loop with Customs and they really were very efficient and helpful

For onward delivery to Cheshire it was a contractor, but have to say the two lads from Yorkshire were brilliant, was a pleasure to have them in our house, so helpful and hardworking.

I would have no hesitation recommending them or using them again (not that I'm planning on returning!). Hope this helps.

Archived