Fire Safety Position Required

smartmart07

Hi all,

I am currently staying in Sydney( North Curl Curl), seeking employment. My partner and children aged 5,4 & 1 are still in the UK at the moment, which is hard for all of us. I am a retired Fire Officer 30 years experience, I am looking for a fire related job in the engineering/surveying areas.

We have 190 visas and am trying to increase my network options.

If I can secure a position the family will move out straight away, looking to live around the northern beaches area.

It would be good to catch up with someone for a chat also for some general advice regarding schools etc.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers,

Martin

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Martin, I can't help on the job front but wanted to wish you well and hopefully it won't be to much longer before your family can join you. In the meantime all I can suggest is cold calling or volunteering.

Hi Pom Queen,

Thank you for the reply and moral boosting message. I have been offered a very good position in Chatswood, start this Monday 13th October. Going back to UK for Xmas and the family are all coming over mid Jan, ready for my little girl starting school. Hopefully going to confirm a property rental tomorrow, if I can secure that it is all onwards and upwards as they say.

Admin stuff nearly all done, Tax file number, Medicare, Centre link.

It's been a difficult few weeks, and there were times when it would have been so much easier to go back, as I am here all alone, but if it was easy everyone would do it.

So, our new life is now starting to take shape, fingers crossed for the future.

Once again thanks for he support.

Cheers,

Martin

Archived