Just arrived...

AnneH

Hi. Just emigrated from Sussex with husband and 18 yr old daughter. Staying in Moffatt Beach for a couple of weeks then Mooloolaba. Husband starts work on Monday. Daughter and I don't know anyone here. Does anyone feel they can help us settle in and make some new friends ? I am 49 and was a practice nurse in Sussex. Daughter just finished 'A' levels and missing her friends desperately. We have only been here 10 days. Look forward to settling in soon! Anne, Tony & Katherine

Hi Anne ,,welcome to PIO and welcome to Queensland

We have a few members up the Sunshine Coast way so hopefully they will be along soon with some advice. I personally met a lot of friends through sports clubs, so that maybe a good start for both of you if you look around for a local club. Also check out the local councils website for varying community events in and around your area as this can be another good way to meet people.

Hope this helps a little

Cal x

Good luck. We arrived in the Gold Coast on Thursday. We don't know anyone either. I have an 18 year old with me. I'm hoping that she can join a surfing club soon & get a part time job to meet people. She seems to be ok at the moment. Hope it works out for you all.

Archived