Carpet shampooer recommendations

blossom

So, shortly we will welcome the newest member of our family.

My whole house is cream carpets. I'd like to give them a good clean before baby arrives, and I figure as it gets older I may need to shampoo carpets more often.

Does anyone have a carpet shampooer they would recommend, or that I should avoid?

If it could be used to sofas too that would be a bonus.

Thanks. :-)

I'm thinking more for spills than regular cleaning (I'm not a cleaning fan lol).

Carpet shampoos tend to not do a great job in spills. Often you leave more of a mark than was there before. I'd go with a chemical clean every now and again. Or invest in a few cheap rugs for the areas you use most. We had cream carpets when our son was small and a chemical clean at the end brought them up and left them looking better than when we moved in.

I'm thinking more for spills than regular cleaning (I'm not a cleaning fan lol).

I've had all sorts over the carpet from my two, we went for cheap rugs too, you can place them in the spot the stains are most likely to end up. They still manage to overshoot though !! If you get a thinner rug like a bathmat you'll be able to wash it in the machine when needed. We got a great one shaped like a teddy bear.

We did buy a spot cleaner called Long Life carpet cleaner in a yellow spray bottle, but it didn't really work to well, especially on formula milk.

Archived