EOI question

dls

Hi All,

Quick question:

When doing the EOI, do I need to be employed for a certain amount of hours per week, i.e. 20 or 40hr/fortnight?

Think I saw this mentioned somewhere, but I can't for the life of me find where it was......

Thanks

Hi Ozmaniac,

Thanks for the reply. The claiming points for work experience: Isn't that just for the assessing body (like VETASSESS)?

I've got it in my head that when doing an EOI, for the past year I need to be in paid employment for at least 20 hrs per week - not sure if that's right though.....?

Hi Ozmaniac,

Thanks for the reply. The claiming points for work experience: Isn't that just for the assessing body (like VETASSESS)?

I've got it in my head that when doing an EOI, for the past year I need to be in paid employment for at least 20 hrs per week - not sure if that's right though.....?

You're talking about two different things.

1. If the EOI you're doing is for a points tested visa (189, 190 or 489), you must have at least 60 points. If you are claiming points for work experience as part of your points, it must have been at the required skill level, in your nominated occupation or one that is closely related, paid and for at least 20 hours per week within the last 10 years.

2. The other situation where work experience can come into play is for skills assessment for some occupations. In that case, the skills assessment authority specifies what (if any) work experience is required and when it must have been gained. Check the specific requirements for your occupation.

Archived