Hi All

We are moving to adelaide mid Jan, so far we have organised

Container arranged for 25th Sept

Flights booked for Jan

Temporary accommodation booked for first 2 weeks

Bank sorted: collect cards on arrival

Moneycorp account set up: still to transfer funds

Dog booked to arrive in March

We have still to arrange a hire car for first week or so & we know we will have to wait till arrival to organise medicare, tax numbers, longterm rental, cars etc, but is there anything else we should be doing now? Just feel there must be something ive missed??

Thanks

Hi,

Some have advised to get things like references for housing and jobs sorted and car Insurance no claims discount confirmation sorted prior to leaving. Also, have been advised to get eyesight and teeth checked out as it's apparently very expensive.. Can't confirm any of this as we don't leave for another 53 days 16 hours and 32 mins (not counting though).. :wink:

Haha wow them minutes will fly in for you!! I hadn't even thought of. No claims bonuses etc ! References was something I had thought of and forgot again lol, need to make myself a list ! I think of things randomly during the day then forget them lol!!

Good idea about the eyes and teeth, suppose I'll get a haircut too lol :-)

thanks for for the advice hope your planning s going we'll!!

Haha wow them minutes will fly in for you!! I hadn't even thought of. No claims bonuses etc ! References was something I had thought of and forgot again lol, need to make myself a list ! I think of things randomly during the day then forget them lol!!

Good idea about the eyes and teeth, suppose I'll get a haircut too lol :-)

thanks for for the advice hope your planning s going we'll!!

Thanks, it's all done for us really... Just watching the clock now... :daydreaming:

How about enquiring about school or kindy for any children? Along with ensuring you have their up to date immunisation records (which were required when we applied for a Kindy and a school place in Perth).

We've booked a hotel the night before our flights so it's not such an early start the next morning and we've booked mini-buses to take us due to all the luggage.

Make sure you've got suitable and enough luggage for the amount of kgs you get.

We've also got a diary and have put in things like deadlines for giving notice on contracts like mobile phones, council tax, Sky TV, car insurance etc

That's all I can think of right now. We've got 6 weeks to go and I keep on thinking I've forgotten about something!

Thanks Shelly no kids yet so don't have those worries yet!!But good thinking about cancelling g all the contracts I'm going to have to invest in a diary for all the important dates!! I guess I have 4 months of thinking I've forgotten something to look forward to then!

im sure we'll all be grand as long as we don't forget our passports lol

good luck with the move. Let us know how you get on :-)

Archived