Statutory Declaration for Skills Assessment

Kurt

Hi,

I'm applying to the Australian Computer Society from England. As some of the companies I've worked in the past have gone bust, I need to provide statutory declarations for these employment episodes.

I've not found a layout and wording that should be used to write statutory declarations and I'm not sure that the ACS will accept plain A4 paper. Is there an official paper that can be used?

I've found some specimens on Google but the layout differs among all. All I know is that a statutory declaration must have the following wording:

I (name) do solemnly and sincerely declare that:

And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835.

1. Do we use stamp paper for a statutory declaration or is a notarized A4 paper accepted?

2. Is there a universally accepted layout?

Many thanks,

Kurt

Hi,

I'm applying to the Australian Computer Society from England. As some of the companies I've worked in the past have gone bust, I need to provide statutory declarations for these employment episodes.

I've not found a layout and wording that should be used to write statutory declarations and I'm not sure that the ACS will accept plain A4 paper. Is there an official paper that can be used?

I've found some specimens on Google but the layout differs among all. All I know is that a statutory declaration must have the following wording:

I (name) do solemnly and sincerely declare that:

And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835.

1. Do we use stamp paper for a statutory declaration or is a notarized A4 paper accepted?

2. Is there a universally accepted layout?

Many thanks,

Kurt

Yes that is the wording for a stat declaration made in the UK. I think you should put your address in as well though, so it is "I (name) of (address).

You can print it out in plain paper, the notary you swear it in front of will add their seal or stamp.

I provided statuary declaration to ACS using stamp paper. I received suitable outcome. If Stamp papers are available in UK I would suggest you should go for it.

Most importantly make sure your statuary declaration are not written by yourself. Self written statuary declarations are not accepted.

Following instructions are taken from ACS applicant guideline and MUST be followed for suitable outcome:

1. Statutory declaration should not be from a junior colleague.

2. Statutory declaration should not be on a Plain paper reference with the referee’s business card.

3. Statutory declaration should not state that the referee agrees with what the applicant has written in another document.

4. Statutory declaration should not have signature of Notary Public stating “Attested Copy”.

One of the following additional documentation will be required for all Statutory Declarations or Affidavits:

1. Payslip – preferably first & last payslip.

2. Human Resource statement or Service Certificate.

3. Termination Letter with corresponding dates.

I provided statuary declaration to ACS using stamp paper. I received suitable outcome. If Stamp papers are available in UK I would suggest you should go for it.

Most importantly make sure your statuary declaration are not written by yourself. Self written statuary declarations are not accepted.

Following instructions are taken from ACS applicant guideline and MUST be followed for suitable outcome:

1. Statutory declaration should not be from a junior colleague.

2. Statutory declaration should not be on a Plain paper reference with the referee’s business card.

3. Statutory declaration should not state that the referee agrees with what the applicant has written in another document.

4. Statutory declaration should not have signature of Notary Public stating “Attested Copy”.

One of the following additional documentation will be required for all Statutory Declarations or Affidavits:

1. Payslip – preferably first & last payslip.

2. Human Resource statement or Service Certificate.

3. Termination Letter with corresponding dates.

Some incorrect information there and I don't even know what your points 1-4 even mean.

I wrote my own statutory declaration. The wording of the statutory declaration is designed for people to write their own, you know "I solemnly declare..."

I printed my statutory declaration on plain paper.

Some incorrect information there and I don't even know what your points 1-4 even mean.

I wrote my own statutory declaration. The wording of the statutory declaration is designed for people to write their own, you know "I solemnly declare..."

I printed my statutory declaration on plain paper.

Information (point 1-4) I stated above is 100% correct.

ACS have a very specific requirements for Statuary declarations... Points 1-4 are from their website. . . I am sure you didn't provide statuary declaration to ACS...

Since Kurt will be applying for ACS assessment ... So he must abide the points I mentioned above in my post otherwise he will get unsuitable assessment.

For your reference (see page 14):

https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/7319/Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

I hope it helps :)

ACS do not accept self-written statuary declarations. It must be written by your supervisor/colleague/Manager.

The statuary declarations are substitute for those who are unable to provide experience letter on company's official letter head.

Archived