Unsure of employment dates!

lulu2014

Hi

I hope some of you on here can help me out with a query I have! Just to give a background I have recently submitted an EOI and I am waiting on an invitation to apply for 189 visa.

I have started to complete Form 80 for both myself & my husband in the hope that we can speed up the process when the invitation is received. I am the main applicant and I have already detailed my employment on the EOI & can transfer this to Form 80 however I don't have exact dates for my husbands employment history for 2013 as we were on a WHV in Australia during this time and didn't keep a record of exact start & finish dates (we know approximately). We have tried to get in touch with these employers to get the information we need but with no success and I wondered is it possible to get this information from the ATO or is there any other way of getting such information?

Also does anybody know if DIAC will look into my husbands specific employment dates with me being the main applicant or would it be ok to submit approximate dates & if so should we include a cover letter with the visa application to notify DIAC that the dates are approximate?

I know that Form 80 is not required in all cases however I would prefer to have it ready so that if needed we can submit it and avoid any delays down the line.

Just to note I have not claimed points for my husbands skills on the EOI as we didn't need the points & it saved time & money!

Thanks for reading & I appreciate any advice you can give.

Hi Lorna

Thank's for that, I feel a bit better about it now!

In your case was there any employment in Australia and where there any requests from DIAC to provide documents to backup the information given in Form 80? I would have thought that best estimates would be ok but I didn't want to risk not getting a visa because of it. I guess if we can't get the information then DIAC probably wouldn't be able to get any more detailed records that we have ourselves don't but that's an assumption, I have no idea what resources they have, especially when the employment is in Australia!

Archived