skills list

Yorkshire Steve

I need some advice please as I have seen a job on the skills list for firefighter and would like to apply. I am a fire-fighter in the UK but to complete the application I have to be either an Australian citizen, permanent resident or from NZ. How do I apply? The deadline is 29th of this month. I score enough on the points and have handed cv in to DFES HQ in Perth. However they seem unsure as to whether they sponsor people. I was advised by Visa official to get a job offer from them before I could do the application but now I'm back in the UK I don't know what to do next. Any advice?

Catch 22. Put the application in with a well worded covering letter explaining your position. If they want you they may offer sponsorship which will save you £1,000's. If not then it maybe this job has come too early for you and you need to progress with your visa in the normal manner which dependant on your visa could take years to achieve.

Personally I found potential employers were only interested once my visa had been obtained, validated, flight booked and notice period being served ie that your definitely going.

S

I need some advice please as I have seen a job on the skills list for firefighter and would like to apply. I am a fire-fighter in the UK but to complete the application I have to be either an Australian citizen, permanent resident or from NZ. How do I apply? The deadline is 29th of this month. I score enough on the points and have handed cv in to DFES HQ in Perth. However they seem unsure as to whether they sponsor people. I was advised by Visa official to get a job offer from them before I could do the application but now I'm back in the UK I don't know what to do next. Any advice?

Thanks for that I'll give it a go. They can only say no at the very least.

What state has your occupation on their skills list and do you need a job offer? I'm a teacher. I had no job offer but have come over on a 190 visa as a skilled independent. Good luck with it all bud.

Hi thanks for the info I believe that it was WA only but Fire Officer is on CSOL list and I believe that is nationwide.

Archived