What is the 'to do' list once landed in Australia?

kavitha

Your to-do list should include the following:

1. I would recommend booking your initial temporary accommodation through AirBnB, at least 3 months BEFORE you plan to fly. Look for places within walking distance to the railway station (ideal) and shops.

2. Buy myki cards - this is essential for travelling around. You can buy this at the station.

3. Register for medicare.

4. Apply for your tax file number (TFN) online (it is faster when you apply online).

5. Generally, suburbs in the East and South East are considered safe (and the state schools are also well-regarded). Avoid suburbs like Sunshine, Noble Park, Dandenong.....

6. Make sure you're CV is well written, without any grammatical errors/spelling mistakes. Don't have just one generic CV and send it randomly to all advertised jobs. Tailor your CV specifically to the job that you're applying for and make sure that you highlight relevant experience and achievements that the job requires.

7. Another tip - suggest you leave all your jewellery behind in India! Not worth the risk especially when you're living in temp accommodation and you'll probably be out on most days.

It has has been a long time since I moved here, so the above list is just off the top of my head! Will post again if I can think of anything else!