Partner Visa Statutory Declarations from Australian Citizens / PR's

Tedster

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post, but I've been reading other posts on this forum for a while and have found loads of helpful information so far, so thank you for that.

I was wondering if anyone can help with something that is really worrying me about applying for a Partner Visa 309. I'll explain the situation as best as I can.

I have dual nationality (UK & Australian) and I have been back in the UK since 2010. I met my partner (he's a UK citizen) in 2011 and we are hoping to apply for a partner visa for him in January 2015, so we've been trying to get all the documents together in advance.

We have lived together since December 2011 and I think we have all the evidence such as joint utility bills, wills, electoral roll, evidence of holidays together etc.

We will be able to get statements from my Mum and my partner's Mum and Brother and our friends - all in the UK.

The problem is getting the Statutory Declarations from 2 Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents. I recently asked two family members who are Australian Citizens living in Australia if they will do statutory declarations for us and they have said that they don't want to do it. I hadn't expected them to refuse and was very upset, but now we have to find a solution.

In the Partner Booklet it does say "If you are outside Australia and are unable to get an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident to complete a statutory declaration in support of your relationship with your partner, you may obtain statements from people who know you and your sponsor"

Does that mean you can just get statements (not stat decs) from the Australian Citizens /PR's - or does it mean that you can get statements from anyone who knows us i.e. people who aren't Australian Citizens / PR's?

Does anyone know of a similar situation to this, or have any advice? I guess we probably aren't the only couple who have had this problem.

Is the Case Officer able to refuse the visa if we don't have the 2 statutory declarations?

Sorry if I've rambled on a bit, but I'm so worried that this could ruin our chances of getting the visa.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.:smile:

HI Tedster,

I just came across your post and I'm sorry to hear about your friends in Australia who are not prepared to complete a Stat dec/statements.

There is a thread which will be really useful for you. It's been set up for people applying for 309/100 visa's and everyone is so warm and welcoming. There is a lot of experience and they should be able to answer your question.

My understanding of the process is that you should be ok just having statements from friends and family in the UK, but ask the same question in the link below.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/58449-summary-spouse-visa-processing-times-offshore-uk-please-add-your-stats-951.html

I hope this helps.

Archived