Question regarding partner visa during temporary visa

Karenbfam

Hi

Can anyone help with a query . I have pr and my partner has the first stage of the partner visa. We arrived in Feb this year and are feeling settled, so much so we are looking at buying a house. The 2nd stage of my partners visa which will give him pr is due next June.

Can we buy a property with him not having pr ?

and if something happened to me prior to him getting pr would he have to leave Australia?

Any help or advice with this would be great.

thanks

Karen

Answer is YES so long as you are joint purchasers.

Re something happening to you, lets say the worst, probably not. It is possible, depending on the circumstances, if the relationship has ended to still get the PR visa.

I dont get on here often but please pm me if you have questions and I wil answer all your questions (no fees)

Best regards

Chris

Cheers

Chris

I should have also asked. How long have you been together as a couple either married or defacto.

Cheers

Chris.

Hi

Can anyone help with a query . I have pr and my partner has the first stage of the partner visa. We arrived in Feb this year and are feeling settled, so much so we are looking at buying a house. The 2nd stage of my partners visa which will give him pr is due next June.

Can we buy a property with him not having pr ?

and if something happened to me prior to him getting pr would he have to leave Australia?

Any help or advice with this would be great.

thanks

Karen

Archived