Cost to move a dog to oz

manchester lass

It will depend on the size (not weight ) of your dog. Also there are the costs the UK end for rabies tests, vet checks etc and quarantine fees the other end.

You could be looking at a fair few thousand pounds for a lab size dog, if not more.

Your best bet is to contact some reputable pet shippers and measure your dog and get some quotes. Your crate will be made to fit your dog, allowing them room to stand and turn round etc.

Hi - ive just started the process myself and im using Golden Arrow Shippers. Im taking a dog and 2 cats with me to the Gold Coast but initially asked for them to quote them separately. For the dog alone (fully grown choc lab) it was £2492. Then you need to factor in vet visits for rabies vaccinations and blood testing, and a couple of weeks before insecticide treatments and further blood testing. Quarantine is $149/night and they need to do 10 days (there are also other costs associated) - that's assuming they don't, god forbid, fall ill whilst in there. Then if you aren't picking your pets up from quarantine then you need to budget for domestic shipping too. Ive had a couple of quotes for my 3 and the cheapest was $600 (To get them from Eastern Creek to Gold Coast). Not cheap by any stretch of the imagination! Hope that helps x

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

We're just going through the process of shipping our 2 dogs (Jack russell and yorkie x - Small dogs). All in all it looks like the final bill will be around £6000 including all the vets bills, quarantine, shipping, and then further shipping from Sydney quarantine onwards to Qld.. It's not cheap and can take just over 6 months to complete the very complicated process.. I would also advise getting quotes from professional shippers.. If you don't get it right it can cause havoc with your plans... Good luck.. :)

Archived