Partner Visa Help

Marcus109

:confused:Partner Visa Help!

Hi everyone,

we are applying for an onshore partner visa soon. My partner has been on her 2nd WHV which is coming to an end at the end of the year. She has had to leave her latest job as she can only work 6 months, however, while compiling all info and bank statements, it seems to me that she has worked a month longer than 6 months as she had her dates wrong it seems and employer was also of the opinion she was within this timeframe.

would this affect our partner visa application in any way? Quite stressed now after all the planning.....

thanks in advance

Guest MigrateAustralia

Hello Marcus,

There is no 'substantial compliance' requirement for Partner visas, so your partner's eligibility will not be affected by accidentally working over the 6 month period. I would suggest, however, that you lodge the Partner visa application as close as possible to the expiry date of her Working Holiday Maker visa as the Department of Immigration may look to cancel the WHM if they notice she has breached the condition on this (and this can be very, very bad). It still does not change her eligibility for the Partner visa, but it can affect what visa she holds during processing.

All the best.

Christel

Archived