"Pin services" on atm in Brisbane

robfromdublin

I recently locked my Irish (AIB) debit card and had to have the pin re-issued. Unfortunately, AIB cannot unlock it remotely and I have to go to an ATM with 'pin services' available. In Australia, however, most atms do not offer pin services on another bank's cards so I have been unable to do this. Does anyone know of an ATM anywhere that does this? Maybe HSBC given they have an international focus? Somewhere at the airport maybe?

I only need the card to use the annoying card reader for internet banking. I'm really regretting trying to guess the pin now. I was sure it would be easy for AIB to unlock it!

Hi Rob, I hate those card readers! You'd think there are enough Irish abroad now that AIB would be set up to help us out, but no.

When the same thing happened to me, I got the new PIN posted to my inlaws and they texted the new pin when it arrived. There was no ATM that I could find here in SA with pin services.

Hope this helps!

Sinead

Sorry I should have said I had to ring the call centre and they did unlock the card so obviously things have changed since. Sorry for not reading your first post properly! Hope you get it sorted. Looks like Keith has pointed you in the right direction anyway.

Archived