Just found the (Sydney) Daily Telegraph site, very interesting if you're coming here.

MARYROSE02

Begin Rant:

I find the papers here awful, just opinion and heavily biased stories quoting soundbytes with little fact. The TV is far worse though. I get mad as the media no longer let us make up our own minds and use other journalists as experts instead of actually interviewing experts in their field as they used to do. I am sure the UK is getting the same.

The Australian is the best of the bunch that I have read so far, not that I get much chance to read them these days.

S

:Rant Ends.

I find the Tele to be a very poor excuse for a city paper. Perhaps I'm spoiled by having lived in British cities with papers such as the Yorkshire Post and the Telegraph & Argus, which really do have a local focus and report stories in a straightforward way without an 'agenda'.

I find the Tele to be a very poor excuse for a city paper. Perhaps I'm spoiled by having lived in British cities with papers such as the Yorkshire Post and the Telegraph & Argus, which really do have a local focus and report stories in a straightforward way without an 'agenda'.

Except that the Telegraph is not just for Sydney, it's for the entire state of NSW, just like the Sydney Morning Herald, and you could fit the whole of Britain or about 100 Yorkshires in to New South Wales.

Archived