Gosh, it feels real now! Advice needed regarding air-cargo

Austrial

Hi, I am due to fly into Darwin NT in mid August. Next week, I am going to finalise my removals. My shortlist is PSS and Anglo Pacific. For a sole use 20 feet container, their prices are £5100 and £5600 (door to door - almost all inclusive) respectively. I felt the quotes were a little steep, but both companies attributed the extra costs to delivering to Darwin.

As it will take about 9-12 weeks for my personal effects to arrive, I am considering sending across two cartons (each 25 kgs) of essential stuff by air cargo.

I would be grateful for: your thoughts / advice on the two removal quotes (PSS and Anglo Pacific) and any recommendations for air freight. Thank you in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen

I know we moved our goods interstate from Melbourne to Cairns and because of the distance it cost us over $5000. One thing is look at using Insure Your move instead of the companies own insurance.

Thanks PQ, that is exactly what I did after reading some posts in this forum. I got a quote from Insure Your Move and went with that. PSS (the removalists who are doing the shipping) have sent a disclaimer form for me to sign and send back to them, which I will do. Do you or anyone have suggestions about Air cargo to send some boxes (may be 3 or 4) so that they will arrive soon after I reach Australia? Thanks for your tips.

Guest The Pom Queen
Thanks PQ, that is exactly what I did after reading some posts in this forum. I got a quote from Insure Your Move and went with that. PSS (the removalists who are doing the shipping) have sent a disclaimer form for me to sign and send back to them, which I will do. Do you or anyone have suggestions about Air cargo to send some boxes (may be 3 or 4) so that they will arrive soon after I reach Australia? Thanks for your tips.

Personally I don't have any recommendations but one of our lovely members @w1johnston wrote a good thread about her experience so far shipping some boxes and I thought it was a very good price. The thread is here http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/216689-shipping-boxes-sea-freight-my-experience-so-far.html