Moving to North Sydney Ryde for families

Hello,

Myself, wife and 2 daughters aged 3 and 5 are moving out to Sydney from the UK next month as i have secured a job in Bankstown Airport, We have friends living in Manly, Cromer and Frenchs Forest and seems as these places are so expensive we're looking at somewhere in-between our friends and work, the Ryde area looks a good area approx 12 miles to friends and the same to work (or surrounding areas like Eastwood or Lanecove). Can anyone let me know if its good for families, safe, good schools, good pre schools? We've got a budget of around $700 per week for a rental property. Any info appreciated.

You could have a look at areas closer to Bankstown airport, I'm just trying to think of them as I type, Georges Hall perhaps, Milperra, but also where my brother and his wife live at Picnic Point, which is close to Panania, Revesby, and East Hills. I've always liked my brother's area, and it's close to Bankstown airport, and with good facilities - shopping, restaurants, schools, and train service to the City. I suppose if you want to be halfway between work and friends' homes, Ryde might be better, but the commute from home to work will be half the time from Revesby area, and it's a good idea to reduce your commuting as much as you can in Sydney.

Archived