Resident return visa app online (from uk),,,,

b123

Hi,

wander if anyone has any recent experience of this,,,

Luckily granted PR visa July 09.

Entered and stayed in Oz May 2010 - Aug 2012,,,

Returned inAug 2012.

So, spent 2 years in Oz...

Spoke to a company last week in the UK, who said we would need compelling reasons,, n thought may get 3 months,,,,

Just about to take on an agent,,,, as haven't been able to contact our original one,,,

who says hopefully 2 yrs,, no compelling statement poss needed...

ANYONE HAD TROUBLE GETTING RRV FROM THE UK,, HAVING COMPLETED 2 YRS IN OZ,,,,

Thank you very much indeed,,,

Hi,

wander if anyone has any recent experience of this,,,

Luckily granted PR visa July 09.

Entered and stayed in Oz May 2010 - Aug 2012,,,

Returned inAug 2012.

So, spent 2 years in Oz...

Spoke to a company last week in the UK, who said we would need compelling reasons,, n thought may get 3 months,,,,

Just about to take on an agent,,,, as haven't been able to contact our original one,,,

who says hopefully 2 yrs,, no compelling statement poss needed...

ANYONE HAD TROUBLE GETTING RRV FROM THE UK,, HAVING COMPLETED 2 YRS IN OZ,,,,

Thank you very much indeed,,,

I believe the rules are you must spend two years in every five living in oz to keep your p.r. At least that's what we were told in 2012. So by this reasoning i think you'd be ok as long as you get your rrv before next year. You should be ok. Just apply and see what they say i guess. Goodluck.

We renewed ours (onshore) this year

Probably be best to check official web site

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/155-157.aspx

I recall fees were much higher for offshore, something like $3000 instead of $300 onshore

Also you can check the status of your visa.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pages/vevo/vevo-overview.aspx

Below is some of the info I got back (but been in Oz all the time). Might give you some pointers about your own.

Visa class / subclass BN / 136

Visa applicant Secondary

Visa grant date 20 February 2008

Location Onshore

Visa status In Effect

Entries allowed Multiple entries to and from Australia during the validity of your visa

Must not arrive after 20 February 2013

Enter before date 06 December 2008

Period of stay Indefinite

Visa type Permanent resident

From the web site (you should check it fully, as it does not apply (for example) if your PR was cancelled:

Who could get this visa

Subclass 155 Resident Return visa

You might be able to be granted this visa if you:

have spent a period totalling two years in the last five years in Australia as either an Australian permanent resident or citizen (the ‘residence requirement’).

have not spent two of the last five years in Australia as a permanent resident or citizen, but can satisfy the processing officer that you have substantial business, cultural, employment or personal ties of benefit to Australia, and:

are lodging while in Australia and can show compelling reasons for any continuous absence from Australia of more than five years;

are lodging while overseas, were a permanent resident or citizen when you last departed Australia and can show compelling reasons for any continuous absence from Australia of more than five years;

are lodging while overseas, were a permanent resident or citizen in the last 10 years and can show compelling reasons for absence(s) over five years;

have not spent two of the last five years in Australia as a permanent resident or citizen, but are the partner or dependent family member of a person who holds a subclass 155 visa, or who has also applied for a Resident Return visa and satisfies criteria for grant.

Archived