Queensland: Rockhampton or Yeppoon?

pk12

Just wanted to say, even if Frenchville SS is out of your area, put your name down on the waiting list right at the start of the year (around Feb, March before they start advertising that its application time) You may still get in! I live by the airport and my son got in. Last November a friend said that she'd been turned down because she lived out of the catchment zone. 2 weeks later I saw her at the school for the orientation! And use the Myschools website to compare schools too.

The breeze is pretty good over on southside too, but maybe that's just some areas?

Sorry it took me so long to reply Aarti. When you posted we had less than two weeks in Oz and not looking at the net... Thank you very much for the notice. I'll give them a call and hope it's not too late.

We're still in Melbourne and looking at end of May for getting in Rocky. We're still not decided on Rocky or Yeppoon although rather Rocky for start. I might pop in early May for a look around. Anything else one might have to contribute, please do.

• 6 months later...
No questioms except, are you enjoying it here? Rockys about to get warmer so you came at a perfect time 6 months ago!

We haven't been doing much yet, I was quite ocuppied with my work so far so can't really say we're enjoying it yet but we're happy to be here. When we get to know the place more, it can only get better!