Tax rebate help???

Lucyjh3287

hi guys,

Does anybody know anything about getting a tax rebate when we move to oz and how to go about it? Our courier company has offered to do it all but want 10% is it easier to so that and lose a bit of the payment or can anyone that's done it themselves advise how/where we go about it.. Is it a simple form or more complicated? Thanks

hi guys,

Does anybody know anything about getting a tax rebate when we move to oz and how to go about it? Our courier company has offered to do it all but want 10% is it easier to so that and lose a bit of the payment or can anyone that's done it themselves advise how/where we go about it.. Is it a simple form or more complicated? Thanks

I believe it's just a form that you fill out and once processed you will get the rebate. All the details are on the Inland Revenue website but I don't think I would be giving 10% away to a courier company when this is something very simple that you can do yourself xx

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/incometax/tax-leave-uk.htm#1a

I'm sorry for my naivety, but what tax rebate is this? Thanks in advanced.

If you pay tax under PAYE. on wages/pensions, then the amounts deducted each month assume you will be paid evenly through the year. If you leave during the year, you still get the whole personal allowance, but obviously no more income after you leave. Therefore you will have paid too much tax on your income, and you should be able to get the rest back.

I think the form is P85 - Google for the HMRC page on leaving the UK for all the details.

If you pay tax under PAYE. on wages/pensions, then the amounts deducted each month assume you will be paid evenly through the year. If you leave during the year, you still get the whole personal allowance, but obviously no more income after you leave. Therefore you will have paid too much tax on your income, and you should be able to get the rest back.

I think the form is P85 - Google for the HMRC page on leaving the UK for all the details.

Thank you very much

Archived