Gold Coast - Citizenship ceremony wait time?

freebo

• 2 months later...
Hi,

Just come across your post and was wondering if you had heard anything about your citizenship ceremony yet? We passed our tests in May and still haven't heard anything (we are Gold Coast too)......wondering if we have been forgotten!! :)

Nope, nothing yet. I called & asked the council but they said normal wait was anything from 2-6 months. We did our test around May too.

• 3 weeks later...
Congratulations ! When did you received the invitation to the ceremony? I past the test on early June.

About 4 weeks before the ceremony itself. I understand this is normal and that the ceremonies are monthly, I spoke to them on the phone (originally my wife was invited but not me) and all invites had gone out for Oct, this was about 2 weeks ago.

About 4 weeks before the ceremony itself. I understand this is normal and that the ceremonies are monthly, I spoke to them on the phone (originally my wife was invited but not me) and all invites had gone out for Oct, this was about 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for your reply! I called GCCC early this month and been told there are two ceremonies on October. You know what? Today I received the invitation letter.

Archived