Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143) some question not sure about please

thegreatescape

I am trying to decide if I need to sell my flat before or after being asked for the second installment/bond during the visa application.

I want to immigrate over as soon as possible. From the calculator on the immigration site and the cost list, as I understand the cost would be:

1st 3520 = 2069.07

2nd 43600 = 25628.22

Total: 47120 AUD

I need to sell my flat to pay the second fee + 10k bond. If after applying and paying the first fee and the immigration office request the second payment with bond, does anyone know how long they give you to pay it? Is there a deadline after the request to complete the application process?

Thank you!

The second VAC and AOS are requested just before visa grant and the current waiting time for getting a CO is around 16-18 months at the moment. After you have arranged police checks and medical, if all is OK they will ask you to arrange the AOS. They normally give a standard time of 28 days, however, in practice it often takes longer than this as it depends on Centrelink but as long as you keep the CO informed of progress then it is normally OK. Once the AOS is sorted they will request the second VAC and again give 28 days. This is the norm. You may be able to get another extension if you have a valid reason but I doubt is they would wait for your flat to be sold.

The second VAC and AOS are requested just before visa grant and the current waiting time for getting a CO is around 16-18 months at the moment. After you have arranged police checks and medical, if all is OK they will ask you to arrange the AOS. They normally give a standard time of 28 days, however, in practice it often takes longer than this as it depends on Centrelink but as long as you keep the CO informed of progress then it is normally OK. Once the AOS is sorted they will request the second VAC and again give 28 days. This is the norm. You may be able to get another extension if you have a valid reason but I doubt is they would wait for your flat to be sold.

~thanks for that information, I will apply now and aim to have the flat on the market later this year/live in rented accommodation until time then.

Archived