Eagle Relocations Ltd - anyone used

Tosh

They are based in Watford and we're in Essex. We have tried google searches but not much coming back. We found two negative reviews for shipments to the US so now feeling a little unsettled :-|

If you feel there's something not right, then don't use them. All your worldly goods will be in their hands. Cheapest doesn't always mean best, although most expensive doesn't either. Try Britannia, John Mason and Pickfords for starters and get a feel for who you think would be best. Don't go with anyone who isn't prepared to come to your house and do a full survey (that is when they come and see how much stuff you have to ship) and can give you a firm cost, not an estimate. Check too if they are registered with any organisations and what their insurance covers, what the cost covers, what the cost doesn't cover. Get a few quotes and don't be scared to play one off against the other and go with the one you feel most comfortable with.

If you want to go by my experience, then choose another shipping company! I moved back from London to Melbourne and engaged Eagle services. I thought I had checked everything and compared companies but Eagle has not delivered the service promised. In fact I'm still waiting for my goods and they say it won't be here for another 2 months! That's 5 months in total. They didn't bother to ensure that my goods were loaded on the ship and when I followed up at time of delivery, that's when they bothered to check!

Im having to purchase a lot of new things now as I can't wait another 2 months for my things and a Eagle won't provide any compensation. They've shirked any responsibility.

Plus, they didn't come to pack my goods up at the time they said (half a day late!) and didn't bother to advice me until I chased them up after waiting home all morning. Once they did arrive, there was some dodgy packing wrapping tiny non-delicate things in mounds of paper just to use up more space!

Anyway...from my experience with a Eagle...I would NECER use them again.

Find a more credible organisation!!!

If you feel there's something not right, then don't use them. All your worldly goods will be in their hands. Cheapest doesn't always mean best, although most expensive doesn't either. Try Britannia, John Mason and Pickfords for starters and get a feel for who you think would be best. Don't go with anyone who isn't prepared to come to your house and do a full survey (that is when they come and see how much stuff you have to ship) and can give you a firm cost, not an estimate. Check too if they are registered with any organisations and what their insurance covers, what the cost covers, what the cost doesn't cover. Get a few quotes and don't be scared to play one off against the other and go with the one you feel most comfortable with.

Hi Tosh

If you're in Essex you could try GEO Copsey, not sure if they cover all of Essex, but they did us and we were in Chelmsford.

The guy who came round was your traditional Essex wide boy, so I was unsure at first, but when I spoke to the guy in the office, he was very knowledgable and helpful.

Our stuff was shipped to Brisbane, we weren't there when the lorries were loaded,my mum let them in and they locked up and came back the next day for the rest. We also packed most of our stuff before, but they packed what we hadn't very well.

my only gripe was it took longer then expected to get through customs checks. We were told that was because they were very busy. For an idea stuff packed in container on 27th Sept arrived at our house n the Gold Coast I think the second week of December. They use a different agent here, but they were easy to contact, and very good when they delivered the stuff.

We also had John Mason and Anglo Pacific round to quote and I'd have been happy using them too, but the price swayed us and I'm a bit if a one for using local firms.

thanks for all your input guys.

we ended up steering clear of Eagle in the end. too much negative feedback and bad reviews.

ended up going with Simpsons who we'd had surveys and quotes from before.

incidentally a lot of people recommended PSS and yet from just the guy coming to survey we would NEVER use them or recommend no matter what.

he was rude, arrogant and spoke to my wife like she was a 5 year old. And yet a lot of other people swear by them.

We did read a couple of negative views about Simpsons but only for the US side of things. The Australian side was nothing but good feedback.

Too late either way now as we've paid our deposit and they come week after next lol. We shall wait and see.

Many thanks again to everyone.

Archived