May 2014 Spouse Visa Applicants (309/100)

Terrivn

Hi All!!

I've been an avid reader of the forum for a while and we've finally made the plunge to apply for a spouse visa for my husband (I'm an Aussie)

We applied with the new online system, ImmiAccount on 1st May 2014 and was just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?

I have been busy uploading documents on there to support our application but haven't even been allocated a case officer yet!

Would love to share this journey with anyone else in the same position! We are hoping to go to the Gold Coast as soon as the visa is granted!:wink:

I'm in a similar position to you, sent off for my partners visa in May. Money taken from credit card May 10th and case officer allocated shortly afterwards.

Our agent says its likely to take the full 9 months to be granted, and we should not arrange medical until July at the earliest, as they're only valid for 12 months.

Baffled as to why it should take 9 months, but I guess that even though its assigned to a CO, they're probably still working on backlog of other applications :S

Hi! Mmm so I wonder why I havn't been allocated a case officer just yet then?

I wonder if it makes a difference that you are going through an agent?

I am just getting ready to apply for our police certificates but maybe I should hold off for a month or two then!?

Have they taken the money from your credit card yet?

I don't know about the police certificates, but our agent advised us not to arrange medicals yet as they have to be valid at your initial entry to Australia, and they're only valid for 12 months, so if you have to wait 9 months for the visa you're left with a small window to arrange flights etc.

Funny coincidence but I just received the email advising who my case officer is at Australia House :)

He's advised not to get police checks and health check until after 12/9/14 :/

we are keen to get out of here as soon as the visa is granted, we have already sold the house! So the wait begins...

Your visa waiting game starts from the "Lodged date received" at Australia House, so even if you don't have a CO assigned maybe 7-8 weeks later you are still about 2months down the line in the process, so dont worry to much about CO assigned,

It takes 8-9 months due to the volume of Partner applications, I applied for mine in November and 7months later still waiting.

Doing the police checks/medicals before asked has NO benefit to timescales on the processing.

Currently alot of visas seem to be granted around the 8months mark.

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

I launched my 309/100 visa application in April 2014 through a agent. I did the medical check in July. Last week I asked my agent what`s going on with my application as I`d like to go to Oz and spend Christmas with my partner. He confirmed with my case officer and came back to me with the green light + regarding my application won`t be processed before February..... :-( I`m applied from the UK and already 9 months in the waiting... does it takes this long for you too??

many thanks in advance!

Hi all,

I launched my 309/100 visa application in April 2014 through a agent. I did the medical check in July. Last week I asked my agent what`s going on with my application as I`d like to go to Oz and spend Christmas with my partner. He confirmed with my case officer and came back to me with the green light + regarding my application won`t be processed before February..... :-( I`m applied from the UK and already 9 months in the waiting... does it takes this long for you too??

many thanks in advance!

What date did you apply I applied 16th of April and was hoping id have my visa by January seeing as that's my 9th month

What date did you apply I applied 16th of April and was hoping id have my visa by January seeing as that's my 9th month

Hi Chloe, I applied on the 3rd of April. My agent said there is a big queue due to the increase in expectancy for such a visa to be processed.... I`ve hoped my visa will be processed before Xmas but as it looks like it will roll over to next year (February) ... :-( I hope your case is better then mine...

Hi Chloe, I applied on the 3rd of April. My agent said there is a big queue due to the increase in expectancy for such a visa to be processed.... I`ve hoped my visa will be processed before Xmas but as it looks like it will roll over to next year (February) ... :-( I hope your case is better then mine...

Thats so strange I've been told middle of January and I applied after you.

Archived