Help, Tim, where are my private messages going??

Guest nico

I've had several emails recently saying I have PMs, but when I go to the in-box, there's nothing new there, just saved ones.

Apologies for putting this on the forum, but can't think how to retrieve them..or are they phantom emails and there aren't any PMs?

Thanks

Nico

Hi Nico,

Looks like a bug in the system! Others have said this too. I don't know what it is! All I can say is that if you did receive a real PM it would still e there.

Hope this helps until I can figure it out.

:D

Thanks Tim, I'm in technological hell anyway at the moment as I'm using someone else's computer at work today, and can't bear to be cut off from PomsinOz till I go home tonight!

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Tim

I tried to send Nico a couple of PMs in the last couple of weeks, and I also sent one to a guy called Nick ages ago. When these messages were still kicking about in my outbox yonks later, I thought that either Nico & Nick had been sstaying away from the forum and/or had put me on their Ignore lists. By then, my PMs were hopelessly out of date anyway so I deleted them.

This might explain some of Nico's problem with 'phantom' messages. I sent her another on the 19th which is still in my Outbox. Please use it as a guinea-pig if it will help. If that doesn't work, please could you be very kind, read my PM to Nico and e-mail her yourself, giving her the e-mail address that I have given her in my new PM?

I haven't a clue how the software works with these forums. If I'm just making a muddle worse with vague stabs at it, please accept my apologies.

Regards & many thanks

Gill

Hi All,

Currently tied up in Sunny Glasgow selling the house. Flying back to Perth middle of next week so I will fix on my return as a bit hard from this side of the world. Thanks for the heads up!

:D

Archived