Hi and a little about me!

In5yearstime

Hi all,

So i've been ready all the threads online for a few weeks now and thought i'd say Hi!

My husband and I have made the decision to apply for a Skilled Migrant Visa- you guessed it with the intention to be in Oz in 5 years time or by the time my husband turns 35 - we are 30 and 31 respectively!

We have two children and having looked into making the move about 4 years ago are regretting putting it off seeing as the cost of applying for us has jumped up by a whooping £3,200 and thats just the shortfall in the application fee. So we are currently licking our wounds and starting to get our ducks in order, with the intent to try and apply asap for fear of getting caught out again and then to use the 5 years to get ready to make the big move!

First steps for me will be IELTS (required by the APS for positive skills assessment) and then submitting my SA for Occupational Psychologist.

JC

Hi and welcome.

Good luck. You have a lot of patience to put a 5 year plan in place.

Much better than me...I'm a want it/need it now kinda of girl.

Keep at it...it's so worth it. Great place to live..

Guest guest30085

Hi and welcome to PIO

Double check the requirements as not all applicants need to take IELTS, look at the very last text box IELTS for migration purposes, then the exemptions list to see if it applies to you.

http://www.psychology.org.au/FAQ/#s5

The state lists and the independent lists change all the time, I would maybe look to applying now if you can, you will have to validate (enter Australia) within 12 months of your medicals or police checks (you can just go for a holiday to activate the visa) and you will then have the remainder of the five year validity of the visa to actually move over.

Adonna,

Thanks, thats brilliant- I hadn't noticed the exemptions so looks like I'll only need to do it if I want to increase my points! :cool:

Thats exactly what we were thinking lets get the ball rolling and apply for the visa then we can use the time if we need it to save for the move and get everything in order once we know that we have been granted! Fingers crossed! xx

On another note, do you happen to know how long the skills assessments are valid for?- I've had a look around but haven't come across anything that states this yet.

JC

Adonna,

Thanks, thats brilliant- I hadn't noticed the exemptions so looks like I'll only need to do it if I want to increase my points! :cool:

JC

LOL I need to increase my points without IELTS I'm at 55- so back to plan A :tongue:

Archived