Moving to Aus October - Travelling from January starting from Perth

Well flight is booked and Visa granted, the plan is to start out in Perth for a few weeks staying with my brother - then head out for regional work for 3 months to be completed in January, ideally around the Greater Perth area, labouring/construction isn't really my thing so guess I am looking for harvest work but seems scarce from the little research I have done so far in the areas I am interested in. Once regional work is complete plan to jump in the car/mini-camper and drive East taking in all the sites for a few months atleast.

After any advice on finding work within a few hours drive of Perth, is it realistic to expect to get paid a reasonable amount ($15+ an hour) and have accomodation provided?

I am travelling on my own so keen to find a job placement where I can meet a few people for onward travels and that seems more likely on the East Coast?

Anyone on here got any work or looking for work around the same time or have plans to travel from January-April? - my plans are very loose at the moment but finding a travel buddy will cut cost considerably so let me know if you fancy a possible road trip.

I'm Male, 30 - Hence the need to complete regional work before end of February!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived