Hello from a newbie :-)

ellis

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading a few of your threads for a while and thought it best to actually register and say hi :-)

Firstly, I have to say that your community is fantastic and the advise you offer is great!

I am currently in Regional QLD on a 457 visa (my husband is the primary applicant). We have 2 young children and I do not work as the the cost of childcare is extortionate with no government help.

We arrived in Australia in April 2012 and my husbands employer has lodged their nomination for the ENS 186 (Transition Stream) at the beginning of March and no word on that approval yet.

They have since given us the application ID and we have created our ImmiAccount, but are currently waiting for my husbands birth certificate and our police certificated from the UK. I don't think I need to provide my birth certificate as I am not the primary applicant (please correct me if I am wrong).

We haven't done medicals yet, but as the cost is so high, we were thinking of waiting for it to be requested before we got them. Do you think this is advisable, or should we just send it all through with our application?

I am really looking forward to contributing to the forums and becoming a part of this 'community'.

Thanks for reading :biggrin:

Hi lebourvellec

Thank you for replying. No, I'm not using an agent, I'm doing it on my own.

Edit**

My mum has just told me that she has the original of my birth certificate, birth registration and South African identity document (photo ID). None of these have my parents names though, just their South African Identity Numbers. Hopefully that will suffice as in SA, the ID numbers are what was used back when I was born :-)

Archived